Tuesday, October 28, 2014

That Song Stuck In Your Head...

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head? An earworm? I get them all the time. I hear a song that’s usually mildly interesting to me at the time, but then I can’t unload it. It’s like the song wants me to like it. I tend to not like them after I can’t get rid of them. I’m odd that way. If I find one I like and play it to death, that’s something different. That’s what I’m talking about.
That song you love and can’t get out of your head.
"One More Night" by Phil Collins was one of those songs. I like the song. It’s pretty and the sentiment is beautiful. If he gets one more night, they might be able to fix things. Healing can take place. Now, a lot of people thought that One More Night, my story, wasn’t based on that song, but the one of the same title by Maroon5. I’m not going to lie. Once I heard the Maroon5 song, I could see a little of that in the story, too, but that wasn’t the main motivation.
I saw these two characters, Jenna and Drake. They were hurting. Really hurting. They needed closure. I thought, when I started the book, that they’d be simple characters. She left him and had come back. He still wanted her back, even though she wasn’t sure. I didn’t know how they’d split up or why they wanted to get back together, I just knew they did and that the song by Phil Collins was running through my head.
I let the muse run wild. Jenna and Drake got their story and I’ve finally got the song out of my head. I’m allowing the song and story to run into your head. Get lost in One More Night in any of the incarnations. You might find a story and a couple of songs just what you need on this blustery fall day.
Here’s a little bit about One More Night:

One More Night – a 1Night Stand story by Wendi Zwaduk
Contemporary, Short Story, M/F, Anal Sex
From Decadent Publishing

Fear can blind. Will love show the way in the dark? All it takes is one more night...
Three years ago, Jenna ran away from what should have been the best night of her life. Letting her fear and shame get in the way of true happiness has haunted her ever since. It’s time to move on and put the past behind her. A date through the 1Night Stand service is the perfect opportunity to start living life again.
 When the love of his life slipped through his fingers, Drake hated to let her go. A near-death accident prevented him from going after her. But after three years of recovery and waiting, he’s ready to take back what’s his, and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her from running again.
Can Madame Eve work a miracle or will love lose out to pride and fear?

Available here:

Here’s a little bit about me:

I’ve always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line.  I love playing with words and letting the characters run wild.
NASCAR, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, animals and second chance romance all feature prominently in my books.  I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!



1 comment:

  1. Banana Phone is the worst ear worm. It's on YouTube, look it up if you dare....

    ReplyDelete