Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What Happens at the Salon … Ends Up in a Book!

by Wendy Burke

My Decadent Publishing writing pal 
DeannaWadsworth, just happens to be the person who cuts my hair.  Usually, I’m allotted much more time than any other scheduled appointment, because we both know while she’s trimming, dying and making me look fabulous, (…a chore unto itself…) we’ll be plotting books, or working on endings, or wondering how "Minor character A" from one of my 1NightStands ends up as "Main Character A" in one of hers. 
  Well, it’s happened again.    
  At first it was completely accidental, then it was a challenge, now after six books total, all these characters know or are related to each other in some way.
  Deanna was intrigued by the gallery owner in my Wise Men Say, so she decided to ‘steal’ him. I’m happy to report, her next 1NS offering, Finding His Fantasy, is nearly complete.
  But, wait there’s more.
  The Wise Men Say characters are totally unrelated to any of the other six "over-lapping character" books we’ve published – well, that is until the last time she cut my hair!  Now, it looks like there may be at least four more: a spin off from her latest story, and if I get off my duff, at least one from me – which will neatly tie her Bear It All, Accidentally Beautiful, The Best Ever, and my The One He Chose, Haste Ye Back, and For Me, to her latest story and back to Wise Men Say.
   Yes, it does sound confusing – but it made crystal-clear sense when we yammered on about it during my dye-
job processing. (…complete with odd looks from other stylists and their clients. Thankfully, she did not holler, "You should totally kill the priest!"...)
   I’d hate to think of what we’d come up with if I got a perm!


When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a full time job behind the scenes in television, a part time job in radio and an even 'parter' time job trying to keep her house clean. She lives with her cute chef husband and three fuzzy felines in the Great Lakes region of the Mid-West.

No comments:

Post a Comment