2. Even with visible old battle scars, he’s still more handsome than any other guy
3. His graceful moves suggest he trains every day – for more than exercise
4. His alertness at the slightest threat of danger means he’s used to meeting enemies head on
5. The gorgeous woman who’s after him wants his body – to torture
6. You have no problem imagining his Harley as a horse
7. His timeless charm and mannerisms signal he’s not from around here, and possibly from another time
8. His knowledge of all things medieval either means he has an unhealthy obsession, or he’s lived it
9. He’s more worldly than any other guy you’ve met; no one could have traveled to so many places in one lifetime
10. He treats you like royalty
In my 1NS short, A Hard Day’s Knight, Gwyn at first thinks her blind date is merely stuck up. Once she senses the danger he’s in, she’s ready to give her all for the guy she’s waited so long for… but not nearly as long as he’s waited for her. Centuries!
The only thing standing between them now is a witch, an ancient sorceress with an ancient grudge to match, not to mention a temper.
Here’s a sneak peek at A Hard Day’s Knight:
She’d rocked him, body and soul. Possessed him so that he’d forfeited his honor. The stolen nights they’d shared haunted him, and he feared she’d returned to torture him again, ever out of reach. Trying to reconcile the vision in his head with the one approaching, he licked his dry lips.
The woman who haunted him was not the one who walked toward him.
Yet they were one and the same, he’d swear an oath.
Hands full with three tall glasses of beer, Darien returned and scooted next to Kurt. “Did you tell him?”
Kurt mumbled something and slurped.
“Lighten up, Lance, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Darien’s muted squeal heightened his attention. “Oo, here she comes.”
One of the three? Dread formed a cold pit in Lance’s stomach and he took the fresh mug of beer, tempted to apply its “lite” description to all of present day. With his luck, she’d be the raven-haired girl with the overbite. He detested women with dark hair. Brought back too many bad memories.
“Gwyn!” Standing, Darien waved.
The blonde waved back. Excitement coiled in Lance’s chest. He distantly registered Darien leaning against his arm, whispering something, and Kurt adding a comment and a guffaw. But the light glinting against her golden locks gave her an angelic appearance. He imagined his fingers working the laces along the front of her bodice, unfastening them, letting the full green skirt pool around her ankles to reveal that creamy silken skin he’d so missed. Craved.
Hitching up her gown, she glided toward them like a swan across a lake. When she fixed her green eyes on him, he scrambled to his feet, dumbfounded as a peasant before a princess.
Available today as part of Decadent Publishing’s 1NS series! Woot!
Multipublished, award-winning author Cate Masters loves stories with a dash of magic, mayhem and romance! Reviewers have described her stories as “so compelling, I did not want to put it down,” and “such romantic tales that really touch your soul.”
When not spending time with her family, she can be found in her lair, concocting a magical brew of contemporary, historical, and fantasy/paranormal stories with her cat Chairman Maiow and dog Lily as company. Look for her at http://catemasters.blogspot.com, and in strange nooks and far-flung corners of the web.