Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Madame Eve Speaks...


 Congratulations to Lori Meehan! Madame Eve picked you to win a copy of a 1Night Stand of your choice! And she hopes you take her advice on wine choices!

So my dears, I’ve heard rumors that many of you want to know more about the mysterious Madame Eve.  I can’t reveal too much about myself or the mystery would be no more, n’est-ce pas? But I will tell you as much as you need to know for now…

I am from the Alsace region of France. 
I do not live in France now. I will not tell you where I live.
My father was a vintner. He produced the most delicious Riesling. 
I believe love and wine are essential to our happiness. Beer adds a wonderful element as well.

I am not a woman who is afraid to tell people my age. However, I also don’t believe it’s anyone’s business. I will tell you that I am quite old, but have no intention of passing until my job here is complete. 
I have been in love once. That was enough. It will last me a lifetime.

Have a question for Madame Eve? She will answer the ones she thinks you need to know! And one inquiring mind will win a copy of the 
1Night Stand book of their choice!



*Originally published on the Daily Dose of Decadence blog 8/19/11


18 comments:

  1. Can you read minds?? I mean really to be able to pair up people the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I can't read minds! I rely on my feminine intuition!

      Delete
  2. How did you get into matchmaking for 1 Night Stand? Is it your company or do you just work for them? Have you ever used the service? What do you do in your free time? Too many questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joanne, 1Night Stand has been my company forever. I don't have any desire to use my service, since I have found my one true love. Even so, I am the only matchmaker so there is nobody to find a lover for me. I have no free time. So many people have need of my services, yes?

      Delete
  3. I love how you are able to find perfect matches! How far reaching to you find a person's perfect match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Jessica, one of our interesting authors! As you know, I will go to the stars and beyond to find a true match.

      Delete
  4. Are you (or were you) married? And if so, how did you meet your spouse? Did it start as a 1NS?

    jlhmass at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love found me. My true love and I are bound forever, and this is the reason for 1NS. Everyone should know love like ours.

      Delete
  5. Hello Madame Eve!! I love your taste in wine! Definitely a favorite of mine as well.

    You mentioned you were in love once, What was your love like and are their any characterics found in your matchmaking that are the same?

    What do you use to assist you in matching people together?

    Any advice for those of us with no skills?

    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been and will forever be in love. It serves so many wonderful purposes! My lover and I share several qualities: the ability to see beyond the obvious, having no fear in the face of adversity, and hope that love conquers all. The one quality we don't share is our taste in beverages. I favor cafe au lait and fine wine, while my love prefers tea and whiskey.

      The only things I use to help lovers find each other are intuition and seeing beyond the obvious to what lies beneath. However, if you are attempting to take my job, it won't work, there is only one Madame Eve!

      Delete
  6. I love a good Riesling but what do you think of Moscato? I'm a cheap date so I like cheap sweet wine. lol.
    lorimeehan1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma chere! Moscato? That is not necessary. There are cheap Rieslings, so you do not need to drink inferior wine. However, if the choice is Moscato or no wine, I think you know what Madame Eve would recommend!

      Delete
  7. Hi Madame Eve! Have you ever used your own services? If so, howd your date go? Did you meet the man of your dreams?
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said before, I can't sign up for my own services as I am the only matchmaker. And yes, I have found the love of my life, or rather my love found me.

      Delete
  8. Good evening, Madame Eve! How many of your 1NS's have led to marriage?

    books4me67 at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ma chere, Madame cannot count that high. Remember, I have been doing this a very long time.

      Delete
  9. Bonsoir, Madame Eve. Qu'est-ce c'est votre worst fault, s'il vous plait?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour, Barbara! Quel est mon pire défaut? Je suis une femme française! Impatience, bien sûr!
      Surely that does not surprise a lovely British woman such as yourself!

      Delete