Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Shiny and New Second Chances


Buy One More Night HERE
By Wendi Zwaduk

I love the New Year. It’s a chance to start over. Okay, so in writing that’s not always easy or what an author wants to do, but in life it’s a great thing.

All the ills of the past can be forgotten. All the fun things remembered. In my family we try to create a collage of all the things we’ve done over the past year and a list of where we want to go camping for the New Year. We even map out the routes. Maybe that’s silly but it’s fun family bonding.

The New Year and a chance to start over both remind me of my 1Night Stand story, One More Night. Jenna and Drake just need that one last shot to see if the love they once shared is still there. Jenna’s past isn’t pretty and she hasn’t been able to get past it. She also needs a push to see that the past isn’t always worth holding on to—not when the future could be so much brighter. Drake knows more than Jenna has let on. He’s not bothered by her decisions, but would love a chance to make things better. He knows how strong they can be if they try again.

Maybe they need the New Year to grow the romance they’ve always wanted. Maybe!  Why don’t you snag a copy and check it out? Here’s the blurb and a snippet to tide you over!

Three years ago, Jenna ran away from what should have been the best night of her life. Letting her fear and shame get in the way of true happiness has haunted her ever since. It’s time to move on and put the past behind her. A date through the 1Night Stand service is the perfect opportunity to start living life again.

When the love of his life slipped through his fingers, Drake hated to let her go. A near-death accident prevented him from going after her. But after three years of recovery and waiting, he’s ready to take back what’s his, and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her from running again.

Can Madame Eve work a miracle or will love lose out to pride and fear?

Genre: Erotic romance, contemporary, BDSM
And now for that snippet:

“Drake?”
Shock spiraled through his veins. “I didn’t hear you. Taking lessons from your cat?”
“I took off my shoes.” Jenna inched up beside him and tossed her stilettos onto the floor. “Help me up?”
“You want to be here now?”
“I do. I planned all these things I wanted to say to you when I saw you again and I let my emotions get to me. I’m sorry I got snarky with you.” She flattened her hands on the counter and hopped onto the Formica surface. “There.”
“Nice.”
“I owe you a proper hello.” She rubbed her nose along his. “Hi, Drake. I’ve missed you.” She captured his mouth in a kiss.
Tingles surged down his spine. Heat settled in his belly and a groan bubbled in his throat. He smoothed his hands along her sides. Without breaking the kiss, she leaned closer and licked the seam of his lips. God, he loved when she took the lead. A glimpse of creamy skin caught his attention and he palmed her thigh.
Jenna shifted to the edge of the counter and wrapped her legs around him. Moving in time with her, he wedged one hand between their bodies and massaged circles down her belly to her pussy. His other hand touched the damp silk of her panties. He swallowed her gasp. The aroma of her arousal floated through the air. He memorized the way she smelled, like cinnamon and musk.
She broke the kiss first and rested her forehead on his. “You bring out the bad girl in me. I forgot how much I liked it.”
If he shoved her panties to the side, she’d let him grope her there in the reception room. He resisted the urge to go too far and moved her dress to repair her modesty. “You’re good at being bad.” With the pads of his fingers, he stroked down the length of her leg and caressed her ankle. The crimson polish on her toes glittered in the fluorescent light. “You always did like bare feet.”
~~~
Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:
I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.   
I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals.  I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Wendi!!!

    I love the 1NS series and so glad you have Jenna and Drake's story in it!

    I don't know about you, but I was glad to see 2012 go - here's to a better 2013 for all of us!

    ReplyDelete