Monday, June 17, 2013

My Babies...

By Wendy Burke
    I don’t have children, so between my husband, the cats and my stories – the latter two are my ‘babies.’
      And, I’m learning that ‘babies’ grow up and move out of the house.
      But, thankfully, the fine folks at Decadent Publishing want to keep my first two ‘children’ out front in the public eye.

Respite (the first child) and The One He Chose (kid #2) are part of the Buy a Book, Win a Nook promotion and my first two published works are only a BUCK during this promotion.
      So, what could be better – two great stories for a buck each and a chance to add to your electronic gadget collection – it’s a win-win all around!
    While the first two children have left the nest, their two siblings are just about ready to graduation ‘high school.’
     HasteYe Back is an ode to my dear friends in Scotland and its soul was born while sitting on a stump at Loch Lomond, then sipping an Irn-Bru at the Drover’s. 
     Wise Men Say – well, eventually I had to work my hometown, Sheboygan, Wisconsin into a story or I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.
So, while those two are busy with extra-curricular activities, my ‘fifth child’ is in grad school taking advanced classes. For Me, will graduate this fall.
      And gosh darnit, my imagination is pregnant again. Like it always is!  I’ll let you know what gets spit out next!

When not playing with the people in her head, Wendy has a silly life working in TV and radio. She shares her clean, yet perpetually dusty hovel with her her way-too-cute chef husband and two furry feline kids. She's proud to be a displaced Cheesehead, now living in Cpl. Maxwell Klinger's hometown. 
Find her on Facebook, Twitter (@WendyBurke1994) or send her a nasty email (wendyburke1994@bex.net) to which she will promptly respond!
The four books above are available through Decadent Publishing and all reputable e-book distributors. Her fifth book, 'For Me,' another 1NightStand story through Decadent Publishing is due out this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment