Monday, July 15, 2013

(Cowboy Dreamin’) – Back to cowboys


by Starla Kaye
I am thrilled to announce that I have a new contract with 1Night Stand for Cowboy Dreamin’. My first two books with 1NS didn’t have cowboys, nor did my Edge book, but my gay romance that wasn’t part of a series, The CEO and the Cowboy, got me back to writing about some of my favorite men: cowboys.

Cowboy Dreamin’ not only has one cowboy hero but two, plus a spunky heroine.

Kendra Barlow has a lousy good track record with love and romance, and she doesn’t have time in her life to try again. That doesn’t mean she can’t fantasize about it. Her dreams always include a hunky cowboy showing her a real good time in bed or out of it. And she envisions him eventually coming to her wearing a white hat, riding a white stallion, and carrying her off to a Happily Ever After.

But those are all dreams. It won’t ever happen to her, especially if she never even dates a cowboy.

Then her best friend convinces her to at least try Madame Evangeline’s matchmaking services for one special night with a cowboy. Kendra is resistant, unsure if she wants to have reality ruin her fantasies. What if he’s a jerk? What if he’s a real disappointment? What if….

But Madame Evangeline goes that extra step for Kendra. She makes an arrangement with two cowboys! They’re ranching partners with emotional baggage of their own. The Kansas cowboys are totally out of place when they come see her in Kauai. They are denim-wearing, six-packed, absolute stud muffins in low-tipped Stetsons. And they are hers! For one night only, God help her.

I had such fun writing about my purple-haired heroine who shakes up Shane’s and Carson’s lives from the moment Kendra comes hip shimming in a pink grass skirt into their world. Nobody gets what they expected. And nobody cares. 

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO STARLA, LOVE ME SOME COWBOYS!!

    lindarb49@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love them cowboys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BACK STARLA AS I LOVE COWBOYS!! DO YOU PLAN TO WRITE MORE?

    ReplyDelete