Hello everyone! Thank you for popping in to the decadent1nightstand blog today and giving my post a read. I’m here sharing ten tidbits of information you may not have known about me, my series for the 1NS series or about Las Vegas. Enjoy!
1. How did I end up writing for the 1NS series? Years ago, I went to a convention and met the lovely ladies of Decadent Publishing. While a group of us were sitting around and talking, information about Decadent’s 1NightStand line of books came up. The concept sounded interesting, and I told them I’d send in a story.
2. What was my inspiration? My first 1NS story, Sunset Desires, was inspired by my love of sunsets and a trip to Grand Cayman. When I heard about Decadent’s 1NS series, I was excited to apply this story to their line and am so happy to be a part of the series now.
3. Do your stories take place in Las Vegas? All four stories have a connection and some time is spent in the city. My second Sunset story, Sunset Seduction, takes place fully in my home city of Las Vegas.
4. If some of the stories only take place partly in Las Vegas, what are the other settings? For Sunset Desires, the story mainly takes place in Grand Cayman. The setting of Sunset Temptations and Sunset Heat is at a Mt. Charleston hotel that’s located on the way up to the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort. (Yes, there’s a ski resort here! See? An interesting little fact J
5. Do you use real life experiences in your stories? I get ideas from everywhere…conversations, news headlines, television, songs, etc.. On occasion I’ve been known to pull from my old careers and the people I’ve known, using samples of their personalities for characters and information I’ve gleaned from jobs to assist with subject matter. I also love infusing interesting tidbits about the places I’ve lived in and visited into my stories.
6. Why sunsets? I’ve seen some beautiful sunsets in my travels and while living in Las Vegas and wanted to feature them in my stories.
7. Who are the heroines? The ‘Sunset’ series follows four female relatives—Gwen, Heather, Ivy and Seana—on their dating adventures.
8. What if a character came to the real world and spent a day with a reader? If Seana Tramonto, from the story Sunset Heat, were to appear, she’d show the reader the fabulous city she lives in, take him or her to the Smith Center—a theater—and the Springs Preserves (http://www.springspreserve.org/), and they'd have some spa time to relax and get grounded again.
9. Why are roses used in the Sunset books? Well, there are a number of reasons, but one of them is that my characters use the sunset-colored rose as a family symbol. To learn why, you’ll have to read my books. ;)
10. My favorite rose is the Osiria Rose. It’s deep red from the inside, and from outside, it’s silver-white in color, giving the flower a two tone color scheme. If you do an online search for that rose, you can find images of it. It’s like the tips of a white rose were dipped in blood, then dried to achieve the rich darkness of the red. Quite lovely.
Contemporary, erotic romance, GLBT/gay/bisexual, ménage
Can wishes come true in just one night?
Roommates, Ivy Tramonto and Kiran Emerson, are heading out for their blind dates set up through a prestigious matchmaking service. Neither know anything about the men they're to meet at a charity event being held in a mountain resort, but they're looking forward to the adventure and forgetting about all their problems for an evening.
Resort owner, Robert Bourbon, doesn't have time to play the field, especially when he wants a polyamorous relationship. After requesting the services of Madame Eve, he's matched with the perfect pair and believes life can't get any better.
Everything seems to be going great, until a mistake one of them made comes back to haunt them. Will they make it through the dilemma or will they miss out on having their true desires granted?
Sunset Temptations ~ Excerpt
“You know you can always tap me.”
“True. But don’t you want to change things up? Experience something, someone different for once?”
“Yeah, that’s why I suggested finding a third for our arrangement. Spice up our routine.”
“I’d be all for it, but considering neither of us has found said person yet, I’m going to take what I can get through this date my cousin set up for me.”
“So am I.” He smiled, his straight, white teeth gleaming and his olive-toned skin shining in the golden glow of the afternoon sun. “Don’t worry. I’m not gonna cramp your style. I have my own person to meet up at the lodge.”
She loved her handsome, bisexual friend, and as long as he was on his own date, that meant he wouldn’t attempt to put the moves on hers. “Well, I guess it’s okay then. Get in the car. You can tell me all about whoever has invited you to the event on the way to pick up Seana.”
“Technically I haven’t met him yet.”
Processing his statement, she climbed into the driver’s seat. “What do you mean you haven’t met him yet?” She pulled out of their apartment complex and headed in the direction of her cousin’s place.
Kiran’s gaze darted everywhere, never landing on her. “Um…. I signed up with 1Night Stand, and tonight’s my date, too.”
Ivy stopped herself from slamming on the brakes. “Where did you get the money to pay for the service? Huh? I know you’re as broke as I am. We’ve lost our jobs. We’re losing our rental. If you had cash stashed somewhere, we could have used it for a new apartment lease. I know you want—”
“You’re rambling.” He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed. “I want a partner. You’ve always understood that.” Her roommate released her, shifted in his seat, then played with a frayed string on his jeans. “Most of the guys I’ve met are self-centered assholes who don’t have sense enough to treat their significant other right. I’d like to meet a nice man, for once. When I emailed Madame Evangeline at 1Night Stand and told her I was a friend of yours and Heather’s, she was happy to accommodate me. That’s why she arranged for my night to be the same one as yours and Seana’s.”
“And the money?”
Silence rolled thick from the other seat. Her instincts screamed trouble.
He cleared his throat. “Well….”
She’d seen and heard this nervousness from him before. That time he’d gotten into a little trouble with some bad dudes. Could he have done so again? She shot a quick glance at him. His skin seemed on the pale side. Her sixth sense dinged. “Oh no. You didn’t.”
Find C.R. Moss and purchase books at: