Friday, October 28, 2011

Damnation and Desire


Have I ever been to Salem? No, but the history and spiritual energy of this epic town calls to me, so this is a place I plan to visit in this lifetime, for now, I had to settle for writing about it. Those readers who have read my other books, will find I write a variety of genres, but even sub genres in the paranormal domain.  Why am I obsessed with writing it? Because everything about the paranormal fascinates me! That would explain why Halloween is my favourite time of the year, even over Christmas! Yes, I did just type that lol.
I love witches. No, not the kind on a broomstick, with long noses and warts, although some of them can be quite endearing over tea. 


What I do love, is the earthy element of magic; herbs, potions, remedies, candles and of course, incense. The premise of having an established faith is paramount to me, regardless of what deity or form of worship people choose to follow. I am accepting of all faiths, provided it adheres to the universal law, and harm to none, do what thou will. Paganism, Wicca, etc., carries a significant importance of developing and maintaining faith, hope and belief, so naturally, it appeals to me on a personal level. (No, I don’t dance naked under the full moon by the fire, let’s face it, someone could get hurt that way – evil grin.)
The illusive draw to the supernatural in unavoidable, but I’m okay with that. The meaning of supernatural, is “that which is not subject to the laws of nature, or more figuratively, that which is said to exist above and beyond nature; abnormal..” Well, I admit, I am, for lack of a better description, abnormal. If you can’t see it, feel it or hear it physically, then many dismiss it as superstition, because it can’t be scientifically proven or explained. That to me, is where faith is a comparable argument. I don’t have to see it to believe it, except maybe my bank account, lol.
The characters that pop in to chat when I’m sleeping, often won’t leave until I assuredly write down everything they want to share. For my longer books, you can well imagine how busy dreamtime is for me. I have been asked, what brought about Tessa Ledger as such an alpha female personality? It’s difficult to say, but perhaps the best explanation I can offer, is every heroine I write, has some aspect of me. I wouldn’t call myself alpha so-to-speak, but when push comes to shove, I can hold my own and then some.
Tessa’s need to research the Salem witch trials, wasn’t far off from my own curiosity. In fact, I shared her reaction to the brutal and ghastly contents of theMalleus Maleficarum, which was the book that sparked the hunting and persecution of witches in 1692. Our hero Samson Langley however, he could potentially be considered, an alpha male in hiding. Maybe his years of service to the church curbed some of his more aggressive tendencies. This is, until he meets Tessa. A handsome man, who secludes his sexual desires and darkest secret of generations past, he is quickly released from the confines of his self-imposed restrictions. Will they be a good match?....you’ll have to read to find out. 

Happy reading & HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!
Blurb:
Tessa Ledger is Wiccan and a descendent of a condemned witch. She is obsessed with the history of the Salem Witch Trials, the Malleus Maleficarumand its claim that women are susceptible to the influence if the devil through their sexuality. Tessa seeks the services of 1NS to tame her blazing carnal desires, and a little experiment on bewitching men. Perhaps she’s feeling the temptation of the Devilas the Witch’s Hammer suggests. When she receives an email back from Madame Evangeline, she prepares for her interlude in Salem…on the most supernatural night possible, where the veil between the living and the dead is at it’s thinnest and anything can happen.

Samson Langley is a highly revered clergyman in his hometown outside of Salem. Being a positive community leader and overcoming his ancestral legacy has been his lifelong purpose, but he his assailing libido haunts him day and night. Overwhelmed with sexual starvation, he agrees to his mentor’s suggestion to meet his darkest desires through the services of the 1NS, to exercise his personal demons. What he doesn’t expect beyond the physical temptation, now his own faith and integrity are in question given the choice he is faced with; satisfaction, or damnation?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the match up Madame Evangeline has made. Congrats on your release! :)

    ReplyDelete