Thursday, October 27, 2011

Soul Mate is HERE!

On October 25, 2011, my new submission to the fantastic 1Night Stand series was released! Let me tell you, that is an awesome feeling!

Soul Mate is a romance between Nora, who doesn’t believe there’s a guy for her, and Angus, who never thought he’d find his soul mate – let alone find her on a date his brother arranged. Writing this story was one of the easiest ones. Sometimes you just have characters that speak to you and make it easy, and these two are no exception. There’s even an idea for continuing their story in a longer form later. Maybe. If you guys really want to see more. Because this is the easy part of their relationship.
I hope that you take a peek and like what you read. Nora and Angus are eager to share their story!
Here’s the absolutely fantastic cover, and the blurb and excerpt as well:

After her friend buys her a date from Madame Evangeline's 1Night Stand service, Nora isn't sure she can go through with it. Especially when she sees her date walk in. He’s way out of her league in more ways than just looks.

Angus MacInnes knows his time as Enforcer of his vampire clan is slowly driving him mad. When his brother sent him on a date, he assumed it would be a bust from the beginning. He didn't expect to find the one woman he's been hoping would appear for the last few centuries.

But can a vampire Enforcer smooth his rough edges enough to convince Nora that they’re Soul Mates?

Excerpt:
“I don’t think I can do this.” I clutched my cell phone in one sweaty palm.
“Nora. Take a deep breath.” My best friend, Anna, laughed in my ear. “I bought you this so you could have a good time. Who knows? Maybe you’ll meet Mr. Right?”
Yeah. Sure. “I don’t belong here, Anna. I’m not rich. This guy’s going to get all the wrong ideas about me.”
Anna went silent on the other end for a moment, and then her breath blew static into the phone. I flinched at the noise. “Stop being ridiculous. Get out of the car and go meet him. Have a fling. You’ve been single forever, and I’m trying to fix that.”
Almost against my will, I opened the car door. “Just because wedded bliss agrees with you doesn’t mean it needs to be thrust it on everyone else. I am perfectly content as I am.”
She seized on the word as soon as she heard it. “Exactly. Content. You should be happy. Content is for old women with forty cats.”
“All right.” I took a deep breath and released it slowly. “I agreed to this. And I can back out of the whole thing after dinner if I want to.” She sighed into the phone. “But it doesn’t matter, because I’m going to be totally wild for one night. I can do this.”
“That’s my girl. Knock him dead.” She giggled again. “I so wish I could be there. But call and let me know how it turns out!”
“Sure. Talk to you later.”
She hung up, and I tossed the phone into the small, beaded clutch I’d brought. I dug out the crumpled printout of Madame Eve’s email and reread the instructions again.
Go to the Castillo Hotel and Resort Washington DC. Inside is the Skyline Grill. Give the waiter your name, and he will seat you in the proper place. If you arrive before your companion, please relax. Have a drink, and enjoy yourself. The rest is up to you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your release!

    I love when characters reveal their stories so easily, including into a second story. It can be a pain though when you're trying to write something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your release! Sounds like a fun staemy story!

    ReplyDelete