By Louisa Bacio
Like mixing a bit of schnapps with your peppermint? How about an extra shot of cheer in your dessert coffee? After pursuing many recipes, here are five totally, yummy-sounding, naughty drinks.
5) Hot Buttered Rye – First impression of this drink, I have to admit, reminds me of an adult version of Harry Potter’s Butterbeer. This whiskey cocktail gets topped off with a maple-cream, via Southern Living.
4) Gingerbread Apple Cocktail – Never heard of Domaine de Canton, a ginger liqueur, until discovering this seasonal surprise. One of my favorite items about winter is gingerbread. Add in vanilla vodka crisp apple cider and enjoy!
3) Dreaming of Zen – Stressed out after a busy year? Unwind with a Zen nightcap. No idea they made a Zen Green Tea Liqueur until I came across this stunning recipe. Plus, it’s green.
2) Candy Cane Cocktail – vanilla rum, white chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps. How could you go wrong with this Sandra Lee creation?
1) Champagne with Raspberries – It’s a classic for a reason: simple and elegant. Watch out, though, the bubbly tends to bubble a bit more with the added fruit. Bonus: chocolate-dipped strawberries on the side.
Thanks for pulling up to the holiday bar with me. However you celebrate, may it be joyous and full of love.
A Dance with Death
She’s a classic…
After recovering from an injury and uncertain of her future in the world of dance, ballerina Isabella treats herself to a dating service–some frolicking between the sheets before she decides what to do with the rest of her life is just the jeté her heart and mind needs.
He’s a bit more modern…
A successful music video choreographer, Raul is constantly surrounded by gorgeous dancers. But his life lacks a vitality and depth he needs to fuel his creative passion. He turns to a 1Night Stand to discover inspiration.
A dance between life and death…
When an accident threatens to cancel the evening of romance, Isabella and Raul will have to dance to a new beat. Can a dance with death change fate?
Bottoms up, and enjoy!
Tell me: Have a favorite drink (or hunt for one online)? Leave a comment, and a valid email address, and you’ll be entered to win a copy of my first 1NS, A Date with Death.