Tuesday, February 25, 2014

1Night Stand Lovers Hit Stormy Seas

Available HERE
Debbie: So, In honor of our new release, Explosive Conditions, LJ and I have decided to interview our two main characters, Kaci Phillips and Staff Sergeant Zeke “Diz” Matthews.
LJ:  I really enjoyed writing Explosive Conditions. So far, I think it was the most fun.
Debbie: Totally agree.
LJ: Sooo, we’re supposed to grill these two? I know we put them through the wringer—both of them. LOL So I guess a little more won’t hurt…too awful much.
Debbie: Okay, Let’s get started. Why do they call you Diz?
Zeke: It comes from my job. I’m an Explosive Ordnance technician. Lets just say the after affects of one of my close calls left me a bit light headed.
Kaci: Ummm, you didn’t tell me about that.
Zeke: Nothing to worry about, honey. I’ve still got ten working fingers and toes.
Kaci: (blushes) That’s not all that’s working on ya.

LJ: Kaci, why chop off all that gorgeous brunette hair?
Kaci: I was ready for a change. I needed to put the horror of the past behind me and start over. (glances over at Zeke) Cutting my hair short was just the start.
LJ: I’m sure it was.
Debbie: Zeke, I’m told you drive a mustang? Be honest, how fast have you had it?
Zeke: (laughs) Why, you tryin’ to get my clearance revoked?
Debbie: Of course not.
LJ: What prompted you two to contact Madame Eve?
Kaci: Like I had a choice.
Zeke: Damn straight. But since it all turned out all right, I guess I won’t have to kick Bobcat’s a—
Kaci: Zeke, sweetie. Keep it PG, please.
Debbie: Soooo, how about that first meeting on the 1Night Sail?? Care to explain?
Kaci: uhhhh….
Zeke: Really? Isn’t it enough that you two put it out there for the whole world to read, you want us to go over it again?
LJ: Sure.
Kaci: uhhhh….
Zeke: You two went into plenty of detail. Just read the story. (mumbles) Course the real thing was even hotter….
LJ: Kaci, what was going through your mind when you were kidnapped?
Kaci: I couldn’t believe it. Here I’d just found the most perfect man—
Zeke: Aw, thank you, darlin’
Kaci: (grins) And then when those as—
Zeke: PG, honey. PG.
Kaci: Right. Um, those animals grabbed me, and then when…well, I won’t say what happened next. Let’s just leave it that I thought that was it, that I’d lost him forever.
LJ: I bet you did!
Debbie: Zeke, why the need to call in local law enforcement. Couldn’t you and the other guys just go in and taken care of business on your own instead of wasting time with the locals?
Zeke: Apparently, you authors are sticklers for authenticity. I would have preferred the team just bust in and save the day, but I’m told that wouldn’t have been realistic. I might add because you two needed to have us wait, Kaci was needlessly hurt. We WILL be discussing that in the near future.
Kaci: (pats Zeke’s arm) I’m fine. The girls were just doing their jobs.
Zeke: It’s not okay.
Kaci: Well, don’t rile them. Or they’ll take it out on us.
Zeke: Sweetie, our story is finished. There’s nothing else they can do to us.
LJ: Really? You think so?
Zeke: Sure. It’s all on the next PJ, right? (grins) And I know who that’s gotta be.
Kaci: But you’ll still be there with the rest of your team. More bullets. More bad guys. Will it ever end?
Zeke: Not till I find the person who murdered your family and bring them to justice, it’s not. You’re my life, Kaci.
Debbie: Do I hear wedding bells in the future?
Kaci: (Looks at Zeke)
Zeke: Jesus, you two! Is nothing sacred? If I’m going to propose, it will be a special event between the two of us. (Gestures between himself and Kaci) Capisce?
Debbie: Testy, testy.
LJ: Any secrets you can give away on the next story in the series?
Zeke: Hmmm, I’m not big on giving away secrets.
Kaci: It’s Kyle’s turn to experience Madame Eve. Oh, and the title is Do No Harm.
Zeke: (gives Kaci’s waist a squeeze) Uh, we’re gonna have to talk about this secret stuff.
Kaci: (giggles) It’s not like it’s one of your military secrets, sheesh.
Zeke: I can tell you this. Junior Lieutenant Kyle “Raven” Alvarez is up for the challenge. The man is opinionated, for sure. And finding him a woman? Well, that’s on you two, isn’t it?
LJ: I think we can manage.
Debbie: On it as we speak. You’ll love her, she’ll fit right in.
 Zeke: Good, are we done here, then?
Debbie: I guess, are we keeping you?
Zeke: Damn right. Later.
Debbie: Well, okay then. That’s all folks. LJ and I hope you enjoy ExplosiveConditions! 

Blurb: 
   Staff Sergeant Zeke “Diz” Matthews never forgot the woman he rescued from a burning boat. She invades his dreams at night and thoughts of her distract his days. Fed up with his cranky change in demeanor, his teammates urge him to take advantage of Madame Eve's 1Night Stand dating service.
   Kaci Phillips needs to start a new life. But she struggles to move on from the horrific event that claimed her whole family. When she reconnects with the sexy Air Force pararescueman who saved her six months earlier, the weight she's been carrying at last lifts.

   What begins as a hot, frenzied night of passion in each other’s arms ends with gunfire, blood, and the threat of death. With the odds stacked against them, can Zeke and Kaci defuse such explosive conditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment