Monday, August 25, 2014

Got a Feeling 43 Is Gonna Be a Good Year

By Leigh Ellwood

I turn 43 today, and I'll tell you right now I have a big challenge ahead of me. How can I ensure the next year of my life will exceed the previous one in terms of epic win? Let's review what's happened since August 25, 2013:


I helped organized the adult programming track at MarsCon.
I went to New York City and conquered my fear of the Roosevelt Island Tramway.
I went to Sicily. Friggin' Sicily. I went to the town where my great-grandparents lived before they fled Mussolini.
I celebrated 20 years of marriage.
I attended my 25-year high school reunion.
I got a new car.
I was a Featured Author at Authors After Dark.
Best of all, I published my first Decadent title, A Different Class.

Yeah, that's quite a bit of win, given the greater scheme of things. Of course, I've had to deal with some disappointments. The TARDIS has yet to make an appearance in my backyard. I might finally need glasses, too. Come to think of it, those things may be related. Maybe I overlooked the Doctor thanks to my bad eyesight. Damn.
I'm not worried, though. There are things on the horizon for Year 43 that could lead to good things. I have an invitation to Finland to visit a friend - just have to come up with airfare. I have an awesome job, and I write. I may not meet the Doctor this year, but I found a Who-themed restaurant in New York, so that's one road trip planned.
Above all else, I hope to have more stories here for readers to enjoy. While at AAD, somebody pointed out to me that they enjoy my M/M romance more than anything else. I may take the time to explore that genre more, and if reader response is positive I'll keep at it.

For now, I'm off to have cake.

***

I am Leigh Ellwood. I write smutty stories about people who like getting naked and having sex. Some have more sex than others, some have sex with people of the same gender, some have sex with more than one person, and still others have sex with toys and things that require the use of batteries.

Visit me:


#leighellwood, #1NS, #1nightstand, #onenightstand, #decadentpub, #MadameEve, #LGBTromance, #mmromance

2 comments: