Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Coming back to BDSM and 1NS

Available HERE
It's been a while since I've written BDSM or at least a contemporary with BDSM elements. I've been working my skills with other genres and attempting to shed the BDSM portion of my writing. It's been pretty hard. I like writing those characters who need something different in the satisfaction department. Something that can't be won by simple conversation or a vanilla relationship.
In essence, as a writer I need a challenge. That being said I think I'll be jumping back into the 1NS world soon. I'm looking to write another story on those submissive and dominant elements. My first 1NS, What You Need, took a light approach to BDSM. The focus being about a Dom and a Sub who were just starting to truly explore their needs and wants within those roles and luckily found each other.
My new ideas are deeper, darker, and will definitely put my knowledge and research abilities to the test. I also learned my readers want a longer story. Sure, the characters were great, the romance believable, but they want a little more than ten thousand words. So my new goals are to hit that max word count.
That being said I ask you, readers and writers, what do you enjoy out of BDSM books? What are you looking for? What haven't you read over and over again?

Let's push the boundaries, break out of the text book formulas and characters. Tell me what you want to see.

What You Need

A sexual submissive, Royce wants a woman who’ll make his fantasies come true. The last thing he expects on his 1Night Stand is to be paired with Victoria, his ex-best friend.  Haunted by their past, he refuses to deny his newfound attraction or his need for answers.  This time, he doesn’t plan to let her go.
Victoria has loved Royce forever, but the sting of his rejection is not so easily forgotten. No longer the naïve girl he knew, she’s matured into a sexual dominant. This domme demands a chance to restart their relationship—on her terms. Knowing that one night will never be enough, she plans a seduction that will last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment