Thursday, December 18, 2014

Why One Night?

By Wendi Zwaduk
You’ve seen the series, 1Night Stand. You’ve probably read a few of the stories. But have you ever wondered why an author might want to write a story that takes place in the space of one night? Wouldn’t it be hard? What about the character chemistry? Will they have a spark and what if they’ve never met before? Besides, the stories are short—how can the author really stretch out 24 hours? Or why didn’t the author shorten the story down?
I thought I’d answer a few of these questions—at least for my story, One More Night. I love to hear the reasoning behind an author’s work, so I’m going to share mine with you.
Why would I want to write a story taking place in the space of one night? This has to depend on the characters. Some seem to click really quickly. Others take more time to develop. For Jenna and Drake, my characters, they’d already had a relationship, so getting together in one night wasn’t completely impossible.
Is it hard to write something that short? Sure! Jenna and Drake had a past, but it didn’t turn out the way they wanted. There was no guarantee they’d make it work a second time and, yes, writing something that happens in 24 hours is hard. There’s a lot to pack into the story, but only so much room. As for the spark, Jenna and Drake had already been together.
Maybe that was me taking the easy route. My characters already had a past. They’d found a spark, but something blew it out. They talked to me and said they wanted to try again. “Give me one more night and I know we can make this work.” Who was I to tell them no? Once I had Madame Eve on board, it was smooth skies…well, as smooth as can be with a second chance romance.
Want to know more about my 1 Night Stand story, One More Night? Then read on!

One More Night
a 1Night Stand story
by Wendi Zwaduk

Contemporary, Short Story, M/F, Anal Sex
From Decadent Publishing

Fear can blind. Will love show the way in the dark? All it takes is one more night...
Three years ago, Jenna ran away from what should have been the best night of her life. Letting her fear and shame get in the way of true happiness has haunted her ever since. It’s time to move on and put the past behind her. A date through the 1Night Stand service is the perfect opportunity to start living life again.
 When the love of his life slipped through his fingers, Drake hated to let her go. A near-death accident prevented him from going after her. But after three years of recovery and waiting, he’s ready to take back what’s his, and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep her from running again.
Can Madame Eve work a miracle or will love lose out to pride and fear?

Available here:


And now a short excerpt for your enjoyment:
“You bring out the bad girl in me. I forgot how much I liked it.”
If he shoved her panties to the side, she’d let him grope her there in the reception room. He resisted the urge to go too far and moved her dress to repair her modesty. “You’re good at being bad.” With the pads of his fingers, he stroked down the length of her leg and caressed her ankle. The crimson polish on her toes glittered in the fluorescent light. “You always did like bare feet.”
Her voice dropped to the husky purr he hadn’t heard in a long time. “My stilettos pinched my toes. Bare is more comfortable.”
“I’m glad you came back.” The old feelings welled in his brain, reminding him how he hadn’t stopped loving her. Ever. “You aren’t the same girl who walked out of here three years ago. Not really. I want to discover all the ways you’ve grown.”
“You’ve changed, too.” The husky tone of her voice trailed up his spine. Jenna traced the line of his lapel with her finger. “More poetic, less gruff. And you shaved.” For the first time since she’d set foot on the tarmac, she smiled. “I like the changes. They work on you.” She murmured in his ear, “I wouldn’t have stopped you if you kept going.”

And now a little bit about me:
I’ve always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line.  I love playing with words and letting the characters run wild.
NASCAR, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, animals and second chance romance all feature prominently in my books.  I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. Come join me for this fantastic journey!  
If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!



No comments:

Post a Comment