|Buy Marine with Benefits HERE!|
By Heather Long
…or maybe you do. Who knows? Marine withBenefits marks my 16th release in the Always a Marine series. What began as an experiment, written over a Thanksgiving weekend has grown tremendously in the last fourteen months to include a growing collection of Marines, male and female, and their significant others and many of them center around the fictional rehabilitation center Mike’s Place. It’s also been a series of firsts for me including a two male/male pairings and much more.
So knowing that, what might you not know about me?
1. I am not very girly. One of the funniest things happened to me on the way to becoming an author, I had to buy evening dresses and cocktail dresses and shoes—now I have shoes and purses that match and coordinating jewelry. Crazy crazy stuff!
2. I have never served in active military, though I came very close twice. It ultimately did not work out. No, it wasn’t the Marines.
3. One of the first full length novels I ever finished was fan fiction—for The New Teen Titans, a comic series produced by DC Comics and featuring Nightwing, Changeling, Cyborg, Starfire, and more.
4. I have at one point in my life owned six horses, four dogs, six cats, and a dozen ferrets—at the same time.
5. I always have dog hair on my clothes, whether I am traveling and purchased the item three thousand miles away from my dogs or not.
6. I hate wearing shoes. Not “oh I am more comfortable”, etc. I hate them. They confine me. I’d rather be barefoot all the time. Once upon a time, I took this so literally I had an inch thick callous on the bottom of my feet and I could walk across searing hot black tarmac in 110-degree weather and never feel it.
7. I lost 92 pounds in the last year and I still like to wear this one pair of shorts that only stay up because I can tie them on—literally.
8. I love television—no, let me rephrase it—I am addicted to television. At last count, I DVR’d something like 30 different shows and I have a specific, almost Sheldon-like routine in how I watch them.
9. Sheldon is my hero. Though I would stuff him in his couch if I had to live with him.
10. My very first, honest crush was on a little farm boy…from Tatooine. I never did get over him. Apparently my thing for blond aliens continues, because Thor is hawt.
Marine with Benefits
She’s his best friend’s sister…
From cradle to grave, Derek and Keith grew up together, enlisted, served, and rose through the ranks together. When Keith died in the field, the last thing he asked for was Derek to keep watch over his sister. But every time Derek is around Kara, he wants to touch her. A promise stands between them and he refuses to seduce his best friend’s baby sister. Determined to get her out of his mind, he signs up for a one-night stand.
He’s the one she wants…
Ever since Kara ran into a shirtless Derek, she’s known he was the one. He promised to bring her brother home and he was there for her at his funeral. But he remains unattainable, no matter their chemistry. Frustrated, she takes a girlfriend’s advice and signs up for a one-night stand.
The last person they expected…
Dressed to kill, Kara doesn’t know whether to scream or cry when Derek turns out to be her date. He’s furious that she’d sign up for a night of sex with a perfect stranger, but together their reunion is combustible and neither can deny the power of their attraction.
He may have been her brother’s best friend, but she wants him to be her Marine with Benefits