Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Let's Talk Yearning

By Sascha Illyvich
My latest acceptance for Decadent Publishing isn't actually for the 1NS series, though it started out that way.  I wanted to create a story dealing more with yearning and unresolved love issues, rather than a simple, tired out hookup and I thought the vehicle of Madame Eve provided something unique, given that I think of her more as a lifestyle, than a high end match making service.

The original heroine of that story and all my 1NS tales are in fact based on people I've known or currently have a relationship of sorts with.  At times, depending on the depth of emotion put into those relationships, I yearn for them. 

Funny, I never take flack for said yearning as a man.  In fact, my readers find it rather sweet that I'm willing to bare my emotions for unnamed, yet real people in my books.  Surrender to Love was no exception.  I couldn't write myself into that story, I've already (as many authors do) done that numerous times on accident and found myself scratching my head when I looked back at the story and wondered how that happened.

Yet this woman, Livia, is based on someone very dear to me, whom I yearn for more than she'll ever know; if only to yearn, for a happy ending to her rough life.  I believe she's on the way to claiming her own power but a short story about a male submissive who comes to show her a different side of strength and what that really means couldn't hurt.

I think the line itself encourages a healthy dose of new beginnings, something many of our readers may sympathize with.  That is our goal sometimes as writers, to get out the message of hope, especially in romance.  It's hard, oftentimes a struggle considering what occurs in our real lives, but we persist.  Just from the career standpoint, rejection, frustration, inability to write, difficulty meeting deadlines due to real life, all of those things get in the way of writing truly fantastic stories for readers to enjoy.  Yet we persist, under the hope that some reader will do like many of you, and give us a kudo, a kind word, a thank you or even a dollar for our books, showing us you understand the reader/author contract.

I'd go so far as to say we yearn for each other, because without readers we'd just have writers.  That would be boring don't you think?  HA!

To read Livia's story, pick it up at Decadent Publishing, Amazon or All Romance E-books!


In order to cure the dreaded creative rut she’s in, Livia ends up in Las Vegas by suggestion from her therapist.  Oh and there’s a catch.  Livia has been set up to have a one night stand with a very handsome man who promises her freedom through submission.  Can she surrender to more than just passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment