Thursday, February 20, 2014

GOT CABIN FEVER?


By Deanna Wadsworth

Yeah, it's the middle of February and if you’re near the Midwest there’s no way you DON’T have cabin fever!
I don't care if you leave the house every day for work, you still have to deal with other drivers, kids, and people in general. And they’re all driving you crazy, right? I can only speak honestly on this subject because my coworkers don't know my pen name, but I have been about to donkey punch all of them! LOL.
Heck, I've got cabin fever so bad I've been playing online wargames....and I’ve actually spent money on them #pathetic.
Some of us are lucky enough to escape to the Caribbean like Travis and John in my first 1NS book BEAR IT ALL, or Martin and Garret in ACCIDENTALLY BEAUTIFUL. Even Jason and Blake from THE BEST EVER got to go to Vegas! But unless you can get a silver bird to fly you away, reading about such tropical getaways will only get you so far.
For me, amongst all the dreams that I could be a unicorn so I could stab idiots in the head with my horn and all the online video gaming, something else is happening this cabin fever season. 


I’ve been writing :-)
I have been writing like a fiend!
I’ve learned over the past five years of my professional writing career that October through December I don't get any writing done. But come January first, I become a writing machine! I'm talking 60,000 beautiful words so far and even the start of a novella.
So cabin fever might make us go crazy, but being forced to stay at home does have its perks. Like I don’t have to make up excuses about why I don’t want to leave my house because I’m in the middle of a sex scene.
But then again, I'm also reading Moby Dick for the hell of it, so maybe I’ve already gone crazy and I just don’t know it yet.

~Deanna

Deanna Wadsworth might be a bestselling erotica author, but she leads a pretty vanilla life in Ohio with her wonderful husband and a couple adorable cocker spaniels. She has been spinning tales and penning stories since childhood, and her first erotic novella was published in 2010. When she isn’t writing books or brainstorming with friends, you can find her making people gorgeous in a beauty salon. She loves music and dancing, and can often be seen hanging out on the sandbar in the muddy Maumee River or chilling with her hubby and a cocktail in their basement bar. In between all that fun, Deanna cherishes the quiet times when she can let her wildly active imagination have the full run of her mind. Her fascination with people and the interworkings of their relationships have always inspired her to write romance with spice and love without boundaries.


1 comment:

  1. The draw of summer warmth and fun makes it hard to write. Being stuck inside when there is 3 feet of snow outside seems to have its benefits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete