Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me… Where’s my Chocolate?


By Mary Quast

Today is my birthday. No need to throw a humongous party for me. Over the years I’ve become cheap and easy.  That is, one doesn’t have to spend a lot of money on me and I’m easy to please.  
Many birthday’s my dear hubby is in another country and I’ve entertained myself or with the help of our three boys. My 30th, I was pregnant with #1 and enjoyed a hot bubble bath and a steamy book while drinking cranberry juice from a wine glass. My 40th was spent getting a new hair cut while #3, a toddler at the time, played at my feet. One birthday, the guys took me to McDonalds for breakfast before school. Handmade cards and gifts are dear to my heart but I love when the guys involve chocolate.
With kids and hubby’s schedule, the challenge of finding the right moment for romance can be interesting. I’ve found love notes on my pillow, dark chocolate covered strawberries and flowers strategically placed around the house. Hubby even made a batch of chocolate milk bath for me to soak my weary body in. My favorite way to celebrate is hubby cooking one of his to-die-for meals followed by anything decadent. (Sometimes the decadent part comes after the boys are in bed.) The fine dinner with wine then some cuddling on the couch while a fire crackles in the fireplace is heavenly.
Today I’m dreaming of a backrub at bedtime, more wine and maybe chocolate syrup, whipping cream and silk scarf… Hey, we age like fine wine – the older we get, the better we are.  If anyone is celebrating a birthday this month, have a great one and have some romantic fun!

I don’t know what the day has in store for me but I’m sure it will be wonderful.  However, it better involve dark chocolate!
When this Michigan author is not busy writing contemporary erotic romance for Decadent Publishing, Mary doles out sensual tips and yummy eye candy on her blog “Romantic Interludes”.

Website: http://maryquast.com
Blog: http://maryquast.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @MaryQuast

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mary!! I hope your boys came through for you!!
    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete