Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hey, Spring, how ya doin’?

By Taryn Kincaid

All right, all right, all right.
Here in the eastern USA, everything’s all DST as of early Sunday morning.  (Yeah, no. Get your mind out of the viral. Not a gratuitously thrown-in reference to a sexually transmitted disease. I realize a mention of those may shock the conscience of some. And I’d hate to do anything, well, shocking.)
Nope, nope, nope. It’s DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. My favorite. The thing I live for to wrench me out of the gloom of winter. And boy-howdy has this been a long, dark, gloomy, icy, snowy, voluminous, interminable winter.

You’d think a person with titles like Frost and Blizzard to her name would be A-OK with all that frozen water descending from the heavens in sheets and buckets too deep and wide for even the cats and dogs to navigate, piling up on the street, your roof, your car, the sidewalk, the paths you liked to walk in the park, in humongous mountains of sooty gray and black salt, sand and no-longer-even-the-slightest-recognizable-bit-of-pristine-white.

Yeah, no. I’m so not A-OK with that.
Awake in the dark, go to work in the dark, come home in the dark.
But all that’s changed now thanks to DST! Awake in the light, go to work in the light, come home…and it’s still all gorgeously, energy-giving light! There’s a reason I may be partial, maybe just a little, to Heat Wave.

Anyway, I am coming In from the Cold. That’s the title of my next 1Night Stand release, which you should be seeing next month-ish. The heroine glows. She likes the light, too. It’s how she lures the unwary.
In from the Cold features a demon spy, who doesn’t know he’s a demon. And who also doesn’t know he’s the long-lost brother of the sizzling Bhyrne
Raines (hero of Heat Wave.) and cousin of the fiery (literally) erotic artist, Max Raines (the smoldering hero of Frost).  So, um, yeah. He’s HOT.
The heroine, Genevieve Mortimer, is a will o’the wisp demon hunter. She’s the best friend of Veronica Hardwick, the witchy heroine of Thunder.
See how that works? Aren’t series grand? Especially if they take place in SLEEPY HOLLOW?!

          TALK TO ME, AND IF YOU’RE LUCKY, THE BLOGMAVEN MAY SEND YOU A FREE BOOK. (ONE OF MINE.) 
     
    You can find me here: tarynkincaid.com
    And talk to me here: https://www.facebook.com/tarynkincaid1

    And elsewhere. You know. I’m around.

Other books by Taryn:


9 comments:

  1. I love the covers of the books and I am looking forward to your next 1NS release.
    Evelise
    evarcher5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I'm looking forward to spring and definitely a heat wave!

    pypercharmed (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taryn,

    Yes, I am mighty tired of the white stuff! I'm ready to start complaining about how hot it is already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Evelise! I think IN FROM THE COLD's a fun one. Hope you will, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Tara, and thanks for the share! I can't believe what a dunderhead I am that I totally forgot today was the day! (I've been consumed with non-weather-related issues.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we just have nice spring weather, open all the windows spring? I sure don't want the heat wave too early in the year, it will last too long. I love all these fun tie ins in your books. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could easily have spring all year round, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete