Thursday, December 1, 2011

This Endris Night



I was once asked why I write.

Why do artists draw, athletes compete?

I guess for me it’s another outlet to express myself. Many people are not aware, not only am I an author, but I’m a wildlife artist. I also paint pet portraits and fantasy subjects like knights and dragons. I’ve always been a day-dreamer, that kid in school that sat in the back and doodled on her notebook and missed half the notes for that Earth science final.

I love escape. I love to sneak away from my 8-5 job, from the daily stress of the grind and immerse myself in worlds I create. I love to daydream about heroes who’ll steal your heart and breath. It’s always a joy to see my stories published, so I can share the adventure, and an unusual world for you to get lost in.

This Endris Night was no exception. The minute I found out the titles had to be named after a Christmas Carol, my search started and it was from that song, This Endris Night, a 16th century carol, I found inspiration for the story. The lines spoke to me, they said look up, into the sky, something amazing is about to happen. Add my love of wildlife and an Alaskan setting, and you get the premise for my Christmas tale.

So, since we’re talking wildlife, I’ll share some of my art, and for one lucky commenter, I’ll send one of my paintings.



5 comments:

  1. Oh, D, I LOVE your portraits! Amazing! I can't draw much more than a stick figure, but my daughter loves to, and I encourage to to practice everyday, just like everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! beautiful drawings! you are very talented and I look forward to reading this book.'cheers
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many talents! When you gave us the title for This Endris Night, I had to research it because I hadn't heard of it, but the story is so great, your characters are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is incredible artwork. You're just chalk full of talent. Thanks for giving us a glimpse at the other part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for coming by and commenting.
    Liz, you're the winner of a print of a wolf painting. Please shoot me an email as to where to send it.
    dlareejackson 1 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete